Well funny haa haa if you share my sense of humor. Yesterday I found a pyschriatrist in Kamloops because my doctor doesn't have time to find one, she just fills out forms at that are in her file folder. How do I know? The last appointment I had with her I asked that she refer me to a psychriatrist in Kamloops and I got a phone call from Interior Health, my least favorite place to deal with.
I know that I need a medication that prevents such low depression but I will not take Lithium or Quetatipine and I don't want a pill prescriber whose favorite medication to prescribe persons with Bipolar medication that makes them sleep. I'd like some motivation too, the idleness could be more constructive.
I didn't think I was going to be taken seriously but I obtained names, phone numbers and set an appointment to see my regular doctor. I just received a phone call asking me to do blood work from a pyschriatrist whom I haven't even been referred to yet. I'm supposed to pick up the form at my clinic.
Normally when I seek help for myself I'm looked at funny or they respond with quizzical rudeness.
In case you don't know what the difference between a psychologist and a psychriatrist is the first one can't prescribe medication but work on social aspects and the other just wants blood work and prescribes chemicals.
I am hoping that this pill prescriber understands that I decide the medication I take. They can tell me the side effects and the benefits of several different kinds and I can walk out with a prescription that isn't going to make me sleep or make me ill. I remember those days.
It would be grand if this person was knowledgeable in the realm of the artistic temperment and mental illness.
The icing on the cake will be if they aren't narrow minded thinking the appointment will be as long as what they want to discuss and not factor in that I'm going to that appointment prepared. I will have my own set of questions for them. I am Bipolar after all and it's one of our traits to be direct.
No comments:
Post a Comment