When one acknowledges that they have an emotional range that is fast to react and in depth of emotion do we ask ourselves to lessen the feelings. A couple of months ago I Am Normal... If You're Bipolar became available in paperback and I haven't spent nearly enough time focused on how to show the world what one individual goes through, yet in the same token, be so similar to everyone else. The only difference between the blissful and I is that I acknowledge the condition and that in order to become a better person we need to evolve in our understanding of capacity and environmental conditions.
I prefer this word over the definition of Bipolar Disorder or any other label because there are so many labels that no one quite understands the "brass tax" of Mental Illness.
Typically environmental conditions conjure images of the forest or other outside presences but in the case of the chemically imbalanced it is the daily life of the person; the events of the day as they pass into the next. It is also the "home" in which we reside in; is it conducive to our happy levels? It can also be the work environment in which we operate. These are just a few of the conditions that affect the chemically imbalanced. If you sat there and gave a moment or two these thoughts I'm sure you can come up with a couple of your own and the affect it can impact.
I've spent quite a few years in counselling trying to get the range under control, seeing how things affect me, how long it takes me before my "cup runneth over", how to drain the cup etc. Unfortunately you don't read about my evolution over the last five years in I Am Normal... If You're Bipolar you read the tip of the iceberg to give you a general idea of the typically chemically imblanced individual. My medication was working but not as effectively as the ones I take now.
I now have a website where I'm supposed to talk about how to manage Bipolar Disorder. I've been trying to figure out how I'm supposed to do this when I have to manage my own, evolve and grow beyond every situation that occurs in my environment. Recently I lost my remote key button for my jeepy due to forgetfullness so I'm unpacking everything that I have left to find this needle in a haystack. I am sad to report that recently I ended up taking over 20 boxes of various books that I collected from Share Sheds in my area. I did keep some books although it still is almost too much due to lack of bookshelves and living space. I kept several books on on pyschology, socialogy, how to be this, how to get over that, how to be successful, and most importantly textbooks.
In order to keep The Life and Times of a Bipolar about environmental conditions and the http://terricallsen.com about managing bipolar I'm going to start off with my textbook titled "A Textbook of Social Pyschology" by J.E. Alcock, D.W. Carment, S.W. Sadava published by Prentice-Hall Canada Inc., Scarbough, Ontario copyright 1991. The section I'm going cover is about the relationship between attutudes and behaviour. I hope that I will be able to convey a message that creates a depth of understanding that maybe everyone not just the afflicated needs to self evolve as well.
From my experiences in my environmental conditions I can say that it isn't much fun dealing with others that haven't spent as much time self evolving as I have. From the lines in Return of The King with a smile on my face extending my proverbial hand, "What say you?"
No comments:
Post a Comment