Thursday, 22 March 2012

So I Had A Milestone Today

Did you see that when you clicked on my Facebook Page Terri_Callsen? Did you not like my page after that? Just wondering because having something edited or even to have something edited before it hits publication world may seem trivial to the rest of the world.

It should mean something. Most of the time in life we don't edit. Blogging, tweeting, facebooking, living, and interactions.

Back in 2006 I tested my market with the first three in The Outdoor Adventures of Charlie  and Kaylee series. I sold 80 sets in a 30 day period. This was back in the day when I was doing, oh yeah, the exact same thing I'm doing now, which is having very little capital to work with. Everybody loved them. I sold them to schools, they used them in their libraries, special classes, and in classrooms. Oh yes, it is quite the achievement. I personally sold them and then I found out that there are errors in the books. I've been anxiety ridden ever since.

I plan on replacing every copy I sold to each school because it has bothered me so much. I have my receipt book still so I can mail them. I'm looking forward to that day :)

I feel good about publishing Footprints knowing that there aren't any grammar, punctuation, accidentally misspelled words errors. I hope you do too.

You can expect the same standards set by Footprints for Hunting Fear, Lake Trout Fishing with Kaylee, Junior Hunters at Large, and It's So Hard To Tell.

I realize that what I write about and the specific information isn't what everyone is used to but you know what, kids going hunting, fishing, archery shoots, rifle shoots etc etc is going on as we speak. I know of probably 7 Facebook Pages where they're promoting it.

I write about maintaining a level ecosystem, I show you how to make a firepit, smoke signals, tan fur and leather, and of course mental illness awareness. I am Bipolar after all and you write about what you know. I've seen enough chemically imbalanced people to write their expressive levels :) I too, have been chemically imbalanced, and could possibly be so still but not like others who don't take medication. At least my depression levels don't last long and I don't express on facebook or twitter my complete depression. I'd rather share my happy times.

It comes to me that some may complain that it's too long to read. You're bad, be happy I'm letting you read these many pages and enjoy the fact that I care about quality. If you can't read it all, then I guess you could buy the book when it comes out. My goal for it remains in July 2012, just like it was back in October 2011. Professional publishing company, professional edit, and professional illustrations.

It's the only way I can feel good about my books. Are you happy yet? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment