Friday, 10 February 2012

A Quarter of the Celebratory

Remember when I said that even small achievements needed to be celebrated because if you don't then how will you know when it's a big thing to celebrate? Well, I'd like to add that if you don't celebrate the big things, then it seems rather flat when a milestone is achieved. I did celebrate in a very small way the fact that I was going to make my goal date but never celebrated that it was available to the world.

I feel rather flat.  I've thinking about writing this blog for several days but time constraints have prevented me from doing so.

I was going to say that I once was a gymnast, because I was. I wasn't a great gymnast, I was okay. My talents were with vault and floor. I competed but never achieved levels that could take me onto the Olympics, although at one time I had hope until I watched the Olympics and saw how young they were and I was too old and too geographically challenged to even entertain such a notion. In a way I wish I could've been as talented as the gymnasts from the movie "Stick It" because that's what the celebration level should've been.

Maybe it's because I didn't celebrate with amplification that it doesn't seem real but on the other hand, I'm emailing Mental Health organizations with a link to amazon should state reality.

Deep down, I know that I have to be on TV and radio. Not even 2 days ago, CTV Toronto did a report on Mental Health in the workplace. Perfect timing on that eh? What is preventing me from calling? Tis the fear of being turned down/blown off or being asked to drive to the TV station which obviously isn't going to be in this little town and I have no money to do it. I think this is the main reason why I had created a business plan for The Outdoor Adventures of Charlie and Kaylee series to have an Author Tour. Now, I think that if I had a couple of thousand then I could fly to TV shows where there's large viewing audiences.

The sooner I sell 5000 ebooks the faster I can come out with hard covers. Why did I set a goal of 5000? Why can't I change that goal? I want to keep the goal because until 5000 is sold there really isn't a lot of financial viability based on my lack of income. Only have a quarter that I'm planning with remember?

It's only been a few days, and I know I should be calm, work at promotion methodically and not a full out drag race so I can burn out at the end.

I guess that's the thing about promotion, if you have the self-confidence, you'll fly like an eagle. But when you have fear nibbling at your toes, it takes a bit longer.

I shall plug away.






No comments:

Post a Comment